Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blogging Reflections

Apparently, this is the last required post for my teaching blog.  Since I have a mirror (ha, ha), I can reflect on my blogging experience.

BAD!!

Unfortunately, I did not comment often enough on my team's blogs.  This made it more difficult to connect with my wonderful Movers and Bakers team.  My team had wonderful insights.  Unfortunately, I did not often read them or comment on them in a timely fashion, making them wonder "where I was".

To paraphrase quote Tom Lehrer "A blog is like a sewer.  What you get out of it depends on what you put into it."  This quote is so true.  If I had gotten more into blogging, I could have given some interesting insights into teaching from my fellow team members.

GOOD!!

It gives me a chance to put my thoughts about a specific subject into writing, and into the blogosphere, so that others can evaluate my post, and comment on that post.  I appreciated the comments from by fellow bloggers.

WOULD I CONSIDER MORE BLOGGING?

Maybe.  If I taught a class, I may consider having my student following a class blog, and therefore, get instant feedback about chemistry topics.

However, I may consider a personal blog, since some of my interests and not necessarily mainstream, and therefore someone may want my to blog for a small amount of money (i.e. you seem interested in UGA volleyball, but no one talks about it).  I could blog about UGA volleyball (the players workouts, the interests of the players, what the players do on their free time, etc.)

UGA Athletics...I'm waiting for your call!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think blog use is really one of those things that you have to be committed to in order for it to work. I know many bloggers who are very pro-blog in the beginning but later lose interest. The key is to keep interest throughout the blogging process.

    ReplyDelete