Monday, February 13, 2012

Working on my part of the tech talk

Right now I am putting final preparation on my part of the tech talk.  I have a wonderful group, and really enjoy the diversity of the group.  I also appreciate that huddles each week and the time we put in (we have always been the last to leave).

I am going to post about a presentation from one of the interview candidates for Dr. Atwood's position (Dr. Norbert Pienta, University of Iowa).  He talked about using web based material to track student learning and the use of eye-tracking software in studying how students analyze chemistry problems.  It was an interesting talk.

Looking forward to my tech talk on SAD (Single's Appreciation Day).

3 comments:

  1. John, we rocked the house.

    I would be interested in hearing more about the use of eye-tracking software and student learning. What did they learn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all learned a lot about both the positive and negative aspects of Wiki use. The take home message for me---make sure that everyone has managerial access! :) I just finished reading the two articles about the iPad applications; now I'm really looking forward to today's tech talk!

      Delete
  2. Yes - more about the eye-tracking software! Did they develop it just for this study? Were they using software that was developed for other purposes thinking it would help with chem problems? Tell us more!

    ReplyDelete